Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Would 120 be asking too much for a 1 year old complete Futaba 4VF Skyport?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Would 120 be asking too much for a 1 year old complete Futaba 4VF Skyport?

Old 12-12-2003, 09:24 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would 120 be asking too much for a 1 year old complete Futaba 4VF Skyport?

I am trying to sell my plane transmitter and the servos, rx, and battery. I am hoping to get at least 100 for the almost new complete set. I am going to......well hope to get a Futaba 6EXA. But, with that I will use the servos that come with the Futaba controller and put them into the Superstar that I have right now. Then, I will get better servos to put them into a Somethin Extra that I hopefully get from X-mas or my birthday..........
Old 12-13-2003, 12:32 AM
jester125

Default RE: Would 120 be asking too much for a 1 year old complete Futaba 4VF Skyport?

Id think so, for $35 more you can buy it brand new from tower. I know this because Ive been shopping.

sorry
chris
Old 12-13-2003, 12:42 AM
iflynething

Default RE: Would 120 be asking too much for a 1 year old complete Futaba 4VF Skyport?

WOW............well, what would you recommend that I sell it for.............it is in great shape.......................
Old 12-13-2003, 01:21 AM
jester125

I lost out on a brand new 6EXA complete set on ebay 3 weeks ago for $141.00, the winner had outbid me by a buck.
If I was selling your system Id put it on ebay starting under $50 and by the end of the auction you will know how much it "was" worth.

just my honest opinion
chris
Old 12-13-2003, 01:57 AM
iflynething

Dude, man I hate when that happens.........those darn "sniper people" or whatever they're called...............
Old 12-13-2003, 11:42 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what I would recommend... Hang on to that radio, and start saving your money. Nowadays, $180 is not much money, and can be saved up in a relatively short time. Then, you can go out and get that 6EXA, and you will have TWO radios. One primary, and one back-up (in case one ever has to be repaired). Plus, you will have an extra Tx battery, an extra charger, etc. Believe me, after 40+ years in this hobby, I know how valuable EXTRA PARTS can be!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:56 PM
iflynething

I guess I should consider doing that..........keeping it........now that i think about it...........that is a great idea......and I wouldn't ahve to spend the extra money to get parts later when they would be new...........thanks alot
Old 12-14-2003, 07:48 AM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

yeah, you'd better hang on to it and save up for a new one..................
about the sniper's, that's what eventually will " KILL" ebay for sure. I, plus a lot of other modelers do not shop there any longer.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:07 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Sniping is not the problem. The problem is inexperienced bidders running up the prices early in the auctions. Why do that? look at the bidding history of a fast moving item, and you'll see 2 or 3 people (usually with low transaction numbers) in a bidding war, driving the price up. Well, I decide what I'm willing to pay, and wait. I'm not going to stoke the bidding fires, that's what the watching page is for in My eBay. I never bid before the last 10 seconds of an auction If the item goes beyond my price, forget it.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:40 PM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Exactly,
Why let on what you are willing to bid, only to give everyone else 3 days to outbid you?

Jesse
(Sniper, extraordinaire)