Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a saito 100 cheap

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Where to buy a saito 100 cheap

Old 12-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Wolfpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a saito 100 cheap

I was told that most saito dealers must advertise retail prices or risk loosing the line. Where can I buy a saito 100 cheap? I called chief aircraft but they quoted me retail prices. anyone know who is selling for less than retail? 270 seems a little steep and I am always looking for a great deal.

Anyone know where to buy the ys 110 cheap as well? I know they are heavy and more complicated but I guess you can move the tank foreword and backward and try to adjust for it. $363 at tower hobbies, I DOT think I really wanna pay that.

I am going to put this on a vectorflight 66 !QUOT! extra, I am not sure if I am going to use the saito 100 4 stroke or a 91 2-stroke, or maybe the ys 110. I do like speed, but I do not care about how it sounds (my friends care about the sound and I see their point, but it does not really matter to me).

It is not my intention to start a !QUOT!this engine is better than that engine!QUOT! flame war, I did read the previous posts and I think I have the advantages and disadvantages of each - weight, reliability, cost, fuel pump, !QUOT!turbo charged!QUOT!, power, sound, speed break, torque, maintenance, etc. just wondering where I can buy these engines fairly CHEAP.

i think I would go with the ys if the price of the ys was close to the saito, that is if I cannot find a saito less than retail. Someone posted that they bought the saito on ebay for 220 but I can't find it there. Please any help would be appreciated. My plane will be here in about 1.5 weeks. thanks!!!

PS if anyone has this plane and would like to chime in about what they are using for power and where they got their engine, that would be great. I guess I also need a muffler as well... hummm. smoke or no smoke and what is the price and where should I get that?
Old 12-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Wolfpack

Default RE: Where to buy a saito 100 cheap

ok, so I guess when you edit a previous message it doesn't just change it, it makes a new one, oh well, sorry, lets use this thread.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch eBay and/or RCU auctions. I got my Saito 100 about a year ago on eBay for $200, NIB. Only catch was I had to stay up till 3 AM drinking beer so I could watch the auction's progress. It wasn't all that bad!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:19 AM
roger- Michigan

www.auctionsentry.com

Well worth the $!5.00

Of course, drinking beer till 3:00am does have its advantages...

Old 12-14-2003, 01:51 AM
smitymax

Chief has them advertized on their internet specials for $259 shipping included.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:06 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

do a search..this same question has been asked about a million times
Old 12-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Wolfpack

I did the search and mostly it says chief, I clled them and they told me 270 but i finally figured out what was being said and had them email me the sale list, and I see its 259.

Thanks, I will continue my search, if anyone sees them cheaper, please let me know...
Old 12-14-2003, 04:42 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

$259 is the best you are going to get, especially with included shipping. The engine is well worth the price... and it's brand new as opposed to used and potentially not broken in properly...
Old 12-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Ernie Misner

When you feel the need for a new engine coming on, plan ahead a bit and head for the nearest Hobby Expo during the winter season. There is something about these events that brings out the very lowest prices ever w/no tax, shipping, or anything, and you'll even wind up with a new Cheif Aircraft hat to go with it.

Ernie
Old 12-16-2003, 02:16 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

read this....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_27.../tm.htm#270853