Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Stinger 120 and US Engines 2.1

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stinger 120 and US Engines 2.1

Old 12-16-2003, 08:54 PM
nitromancer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger 120 and US Engines 2.1

I want to get into large scale planes and this combo appears to be what I am looking for. Third plane skill level, gasoline convenience and can handle some wind. Tower offers these two in a combo...any comments?
Old 12-18-2003, 12:22 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Stinger 120 and US Engines 2.1

I've had the 120 size Stinger clone w/ double taper wing and a Quadra 35 (now the US). It's a very good combo using a 20 x 6/10 prop. A very forgiving plane that is hard to tip stall and will be a good one to enter into the larger planes.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Stinger 120 and US Engines 2.1

I had one with a G-38. Pretty good flying plane, easy to fly and as rreis mentioned very forgiving. It is not the best aerobat but it's a good step up the ladder.
I moved the firewall back about 1-1/2" for balance and doubled the area from the first former back to the rear of the wing saddle. All stingers have a bit of a weak point at the front of the wing saddle so it is wise to use some light ply and double that area up.
If you look at the fuselage from the side you will be able to see where the weak spot is, don't let that deter you from getting it though, it's still a good plane.

Build it with the full 80" wing and when you want to spice it up a bit, just cut off the wing tips to make it the 72"?? version. When you get it you will see what I mean.