Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel soaked...

Old 12-31-2003, 11:07 PM
ChixwithTrix
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel soaked...

I need to know a good way to get oil out of wood. Today I was fueling my 33% H9 Cap 232 and the vent happened to have blown back into the fuse and I fueled up my fusalage bottom. What should I do about the glue joints and electronics that may have gotten wet with fuel? This is the 1st time it has happened to me and it just had to happen with such a large plane...

Any help is apprecited...

The pic is of the inside where the fuel was sitting in the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78524.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	86693  
Old 12-31-2003, 11:23 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: Fuel soaked...

K2R spot remover works well, you may have to do a web search for it.. the radio maybe send it to Radio South and have them check it..

scott
Old 12-31-2003, 11:27 PM
jessiej

For the wood, spray with a spot remover called K2R. It is a fine powder in a solvent. As it dries the oil is soaked up by the powder which is then brushed off. The same may be accomplished with whiting from the paint store and acetone, or baking soda as the powder. The spray is more convenient and makes it easier to get into the corners.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:41 PM
awatkins11

Try Carbo-Sol. I believe its a SunnySide product. It's a fast dry solvent but it's very volitle. I used it to leech the oil stains out of my garage floor before it was coated. You can acctually see the oil pooling on top of the liquid. You can find it at any Menards stores or maybe a Home-Depot type store or a automotive paint store. I believe It's used for cleaning before painting.

Another alternative is Naptha or Xylol.