Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

covering backing not attached good?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

covering backing not attached good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 08:24 PM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering backing not attached good?

I just bought a 10 meter roll of yellow Ultracote from my LHS. It was ordered in....... and was not lying around the shop. On the backing it says Oracover. I know this is the same a Ultracote. My question has to do with the backing not sealed very tight to the adhesive on the back. I have run across this on most rolls, but not to this extent. ( I usually try not to use that area by using it as the trim area). MY QUESTION: ... Will this area, that may have had air get to it, not stick as well as a "freshly uncovered" area?? ....lownslo...
Old 01-04-2004, 09:52 PM
phread59

Default RE: covering backing not attached good?

I am not sure. I have used some old covering and had no problems. What I would do is take a small piece and iron it down on some scrap. Leave a tab of covering not ironed on to grab the covering. And then try to pull it off. It should not come off easily and take some very small splinter like pieces of balsa with it. Good luck with your covering.

Mark Shuman
Old 01-04-2004, 10:11 PM
David Cutler

Almost every single Ultracoat roll I have ever used had this problem, and I have yet to find that it has reduced its 'stickability' as long as it's clean when you use it.

-David C.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Live Wire

The backing is put on to keep the covering from sticking to it's self on the roll when stored.