Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Stab Alignment? Help please

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stab Alignment? Help please

Old 01-04-2004, 09:14 PM
CamNuge
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stab Alignment? Help please

Hey all, I am rebuilding a busted up trainer if you can imagine that [sm=lol.gif].

I have built new stabilizers from scratch and have managed to get the Vert. and Horz. fins aligned to one another.. but how do I go about getting them aligned to the body of the plane? Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Cameron
Old 01-04-2004, 09:40 PM
phread59

Default RE: Stab Alignment? Help please

Find the center of the front and rear wing mount saddles. Stick a pin in each center. To center the fin use the pins to sight the fin in. Kinda like a gun sight. Put 2 pins in the very outside part of the stab, At the forward corners. Use a tape measure or a yard stick to measure to the rearmost pin in the wing saddle. That will align the stab horizontally. On your workbench hold the fuse down with all of the landing gear off. The fuse is usually flat on the bottom somewhere. Then measure to the ouitside of the stab to locate it verticly. I hope this helps. Good luck repairing your ARF.

Mark Shuman
Old 01-05-2004, 12:13 AM
CamNuge
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Stab Alignment? Help please

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated!

ARF? [:'(] hehe Never! its a GP PT-20. The whole bottom of the fuse is flat so this should work well I hope.. and if not, Oh well

Thanks again!

Cameron