Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Stabilizer "incedence"? help please =\

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stabilizer "incedence"? help please =\

Old 01-08-2004, 02:24 PM
CamNuge
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilizer "incedence"? help please =\

I am rebuilding a kit PT 20 after messing it up. I have asked here before about how to align the stabilizer and I got a good answer and it works fine for helping me align the stab .. but...(you knew it was coming) .. there seems to be a great deal of "incedence" between the stab and the wing that would put the underside of the wing into the wind. ie. Stab ~~> ---- Wing ~~> / obviously it isnt that drastic but I'd say it was about 3-5 degrees. Is this normal? I figure it will essentially make the plane float like crazy but I would like a second opinion. What happens if I sand out the stab mount to make it 0 Degrees? Would it be too fast to handle for a relatively inexperieced pilot? Any help is always appreciated!

Cameron
Old 01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
CamNuge
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stabilizer "incedence"? help please =\

Answered my own question. Searched for stabilizer angle and came up with this:

[link]http://www.fsea.org/pdf/MA2%20Student%20Supplementpdf.PDF[/link]

Page 3 seems to answer my question! Oh well lesson learned.. look for yourself before you ask!

Cameron