Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nav Lights ARF

Old 01-08-2004, 11:36 PM
jetfght
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Lights ARF

How do you guys install the nav lights and tail lights on an ARF Plane, also what kinda are good?
Old 01-09-2004, 09:51 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Nav Lights ARF

The only way to do a decent job of it, is to remove the covering, and recover afterward.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
tazzdevl1
My Feedback: (1)

I saw an ad in MAN or AMA MA mag (can't remember which right now) for nav nights made for ARF's. Looked kinda cool. Installed without removing the covering. They're made by Ram.

Tazz
Old 01-09-2004, 12:29 PM
jetfght

hmm..gotta find that magazine to take a look...thanks
Old 01-09-2004, 03:30 PM
DustOffUH1

I bought some, from I think RAM, sorry I'm at work so I can't look at the package. Anyway, I bought them because they were advertised that they are easily installed. I'm not sure if I'm going to use them though, they're kind of on the heavy side. They consist of 2 pieces. One is a magnet that you glue to the plane, the other is the light itself, with a magnet on the bottom. It kinda looks like a bullet, about the circumfrance of a .38 but shorter. They are VERY strong magnets, maybe thats where the weight comes in. I did buy some excellent lights for my Bell 222 which I'm building, from: [link=http://www.curtek.com/]Curtek Systems[/link]. I "test" set them up to go on when you add throttle. They are Totally cool!!
Joe
Old 01-09-2004, 03:34 PM
jetfght

Hey DustOffUH1, cool...great seeing you again....i'm hoveing my sport hawk right now =).... probably get the bell 222 scale body later w/ lighting system too....i'm working on my great planes cessna ARF...