Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Covering

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:39 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering

Any one ever used polyurathane and glass cloth for covering only? No epoxy at all. I was wondering if this was any better. I would assume it is a lot easier.

Thanks
Scott
Old 01-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Walter D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Covering

You can use poly U or any type of resin and even paint to lay fiberglass cloth down on sheeted surfaces, but I'll have to tell you that nothing beats epoxy for this, as it gives you time to work with the fabric and the wetting properties of lay up epoxies is excellent, why do you think it is the most widely used resin to work with fiberglass? If I were you, I would do several pieces with different materials, one other great feature of epoxy is its sandablity. Do not use polyester resin, much cheaper, but very brittle and stinks to High Heaven.