Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel

Old 01-11-2004, 11:16 PM
SpectrePilot
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel

Can anyone recommend a place to order fuel other than Tower Hobbies?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 11:37 PM
CafeenMan

Default RE: Fuel

OK, now you've got me started. I called Tower once to order fuel and what I was ordering was about $60/case. Then there's the $20 HAZMAT fee. That's all well and good, but the guy I was talking to tried to tell me if I bought it by the quart I would save money by not paying the HAZMAT fee. But the fuel actually came to more than $80 for the same quantity by the quart. He kept trying to convince me I was saving money. Anyway, no amount of math could convince him. Either he's an idiot of full of sh*t.

So, I buy my fuel from Wildcat. Good stuff, price is about the same, but they aren't staffed by morons.

http://www.wildcatfuel.com/

You can buy direct from most of the fuel manufacturers and honestly I think they're all about the same. I did eenie, meenie, miney, moe and came up with Wildcat and haven't had any problems.

- Paul
Old 01-12-2004, 01:25 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Fuel

I get my high-nitro from the LHS and low nitro from a club member who blends it for me