Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Underaged Pilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a free flight plane stuck in a tree i tried to get it down a long time by throwing stuff at it for an hour P.S. It's a dead tree!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:23 PM
CP140

Default RE: Help please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How high up? There are a couple of things you can try. First of all, a heavy fishing weight, some strong thin nylon line or fishing line and one of those big wrist-brace style slingshots. Fire the weight up and over the branch holding the plane and start pulling/shaking the tree. If you're really lucky, you might even be able to get the weight over the branch and down the other side and attach a heavier line, pull it up and give a really good shake. The other thing that might work is to get several lengths of downpipe(the stuff that runs from your rain gutters to the ground. Stand next to the trunk, push one section up vertically, attach a second section etc... try to knock it down that way. A fishing bow might work. A fishing weight and fishing rod?

Last. but not least(aside from cutting down the tree) is a commercial tree service.

Good Luck!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:32 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Got a friend with an R/C Heli?

A noose drug to the FF model by the heli (with a ground guide line to prevent hooking a branch) gets looped over the stuck model... then the heli just lifts. (am I serious here? not really)

I've pulled FF models out of trees with a kite before... This DOES work.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:35 AM
micsrcfn

Hi Underaged Pilot,

Contact the nearest Power or Electric Company. They have the Boom type equipment needed to get Our toys out of the places we put them. Usually they will get to them fairly quickly. Hope this is the "HELP" you need!

Good Flying
Old 01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
bhole74

If there is a tree trimming service in the area, they would probably help as well. We have just such a persons phone number posted at our flying site, he posted it himself. We have also had the local volunteer fire dept. retrieve them at no cost. If you are outside city limits, you could also use a shotgun to blow the heck out of the branch it is stuck in, just don't hit the plane. I've seen this done more than once with good results.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:31 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Dead tree? Just cut it down

How high? You local Lowe's or Home Depot sells PVC pipe that's really long. If it's low enough you could just whack it out.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:28 PM
freebird25

you could always try catching the tree on fire. it won't take long if the tree is dead.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:17 AM
fritch1969

here in PA there is no utility company or tree service that will go out of it's way to help (not without a price)If it is within 30' or so go get yourself some 3/4" pvc pipe and make a hook from music wire or coat hanger, the pvc comes in 10' lenghts and can be put together without glueing
Old 01-30-2004, 12:31 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Climb the tree and saw off the branch... then give the plane a toss so it flies out.

(If I had a nickle for each tree i climbed to retrieve a model...I could buy another model )
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 AM
SDR-Hammer

Years ago we had member set his plane about 70’ up in a tree. So another member, that was a good archer, tied a string to an arrow and shot right through the wing. They tied a small rope to the string and pulled it up and through the wing then was able to use the rope to pull the plane down.

So do you know anybody that bowhunts?