Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Glow Fuel Allergies?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glow Fuel Allergies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:16 PM
micky_ray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Fuel Allergies?

Has anyone ever heard of someone being alergic to glow fuels? The last two times I have gone out to fly, when I got home and played with my 7 month old son it looked like he got a rash/hives. They went away after a couple hours and didn't seem to have any lingering effect.

I had made sure to wash my hands thoroughly, but the residue from the smoke gets everywhere. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Thanks,
Micky
Old 03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow Fuel Allergies?

I've never heard of an allerfy to Nitromethane or to methanol. (though both are toxic...)

I have heard of allergies to Castor oil... and to some of the synthetic oils.

There could also be some specific plat at your flying site that is the problem.... Got poison ivy out there? Some people are sensitive enough that being downwind of the stuff can cause a reaction.