Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What is the trick in Havoring ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What is the trick in Havoring ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:59 PM
fysl74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the trick in Havoring ?

Hi .. .

I saw on TV a part of an R/C event , and i saw this guy hovering his plane like an heliocopter since that day i am trying to hover my plane ?? i lost few ones , but i will not stop until i get it but in the mean time i need few tips ??
Old 03-21-2004, 01:56 PM
damo.f

Default RE: What is the trick in Havoring ?

I'm not an expert (although I'm pretty good at "hovering"), firstly you need plenty of power, secondly - a plane that is capable of hovering, something pretty aerobatic with lots of throw should be O.K. You'll probably need to hold some right aileron too, so that it doesn't start torque rolling. You also have to use rudder to stop it "falling" of to one side and elevator to keep it pointing upright.

Try flying a some verticals first to get the hang of controlling it in that attitude. Then when you're good at that and comfortable try gradually reducing the throttle until it eventually "hovers"

It'll also help to have the C-G as far back as you're comfortable with. There are loads of ways to practise it, but this is how I learned to do it.

Hope this helps
Old 03-21-2004, 08:56 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

3 Things:

Lots of power (You should be able to hover at 1/2 throttle or less)
Big, fast control surfaces
And practice baby, practice!
Old 03-21-2004, 09:28 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Practice is it. Lots of it! The plane must be kept perfectly vertical. When it starts to lean over, you must correct immediately. Once it tips more than about 10 degrees from vertical, you're done.

Tom

PS: did I say practice up high first?