Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Quality of Zinger Props?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Quality of Zinger Props?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 10:04 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of Zinger Props?

I purchased a couple of Pro Zinger props the other day for my Extreme Edge 540 profile. (14x4 and 13x4) Put them on the prop balancer and I couldn't believe how far out of balance they were. Both 14x4 props were so out of balance that I had to brush a coat of 15 minute epoxy on the face of one entire blade just to get it close. The 13x4 props were just as bad. I always balance my props and expect to do this with each and every one. I don't expect them to be right on balance from the factory, and I can see getting a bad one once in a while, but 5 out of 5????
Zingers web site states that they high point all of there props during production. Minor balancing is all that is required. I don't think so, not based on my recent experience. Last time I spend good money on Zinger props. Anybody make a decent composite prop this small?
Old 04-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Guglielmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quality of Zinger Props?

High CCRC1,

Had the same problem with my zingers also same size as yours on my TOPCAP. I recently purchased a 13X4 Zinger pro and balanced perfectly also had great success
with APC 13X4 and the APC funfly prop which needed very little scraping . ( all these props were tested on a OS 46sx and the new OS 50Sx Awsome performance !)

The normal Zingers I scraped the front face of the props to balance them ,,,and boy did I need to Scrape ,
all the normal Zingers I purchased had this issue and wondered if I was the Problem.

I will live with this because I find the normal Zingers have a better breaking effect on a verticlal down line. If I have them I 'll use them I guess.

But will probably stick with the Zinger Pros the price dif. is negligible.

Guglielmo
Pro Bro # 785