Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Beginning Gasser

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Beginning Gasser

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:00 PM
LonnieMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginning Gasser

Hey guys, I have a simple question for ya. I am getting back into the sport after 3 yr's. Anyway, I just bought me a trainer to start off with again. I also have a 4 *60 with a Saito 80 4-stroke on it. I hope to be flying the 4* by the end of the year if not sooner. My question thou is once I am comfortable with the 4*, which plane should I move into with Gas??? I love the big birds, and can't wait to get one.

Somebody told me to get the Hanger 9 Ultra Stick Lite with a G-26. Is this a good place to start???

Thanks,
Lonnie
Old 04-26-2004, 02:45 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Beginning Gasser

I put a 41 CC US engine on a Dynaflite PT-19 when everyone said not to. It is one of the sweetest flying combos I have ever flown. Pleanty of power, didn't have to add any weight at all front or back, and man does it sound cool in the air. What a combo! It rocks and does more aerobats than most pattern birds.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Beginning Gasser

Lonnie, I had the regular Ultra Stick w/ a G-23 and it was a great combo except for the vertical - I'd bet the Lite + G-26 would be great!

Jerry