Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

fuel tank for YS

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fuel tank for YS

Old 04-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Seth
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel tank for YS

I have a YS 63 and i was wondering if my fuel tank, the 11 oz one that came with my hanger 9 funtana will be able to work with out exploding, or do i need to buy a new one?
Seth
Old 04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fuel tank for YS

Not sure about the tank that came with your Funtana, but a lot of people use standard tanks and wrap them with fiberglass reinforced tape to prevent them from bursting.
Dennis-
Old 04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have used many of the popular tanks with YS engines (YS .45's, and YS .63's). I have NEVER wrapped any of them and none of them have ever burst or leaked. I recommend a Hayes tank which, in my opinion, is the best tank.

I have had a few bad experiences with the tanks that come with ARFs (haven't use them with YS engines) on other engines so I make it a practice to throw them away and use either a Hayes or a DuBro tank.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:05 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same plane and same engine, stock tank. All I did was wrap the tank in packaging tape with the fibers in it. It works great, no leaks.