Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito .72 and Horizon Hobby Twist

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito .72 and Horizon Hobby Twist

Old 05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Lefte
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito .72 and Horizon Hobby Twist

Hey everyone,
I have been searching the web for help on getting the throttle guide from the servo to the engine. I have already reversed the carb to allow the high speed adjest needle to stick out the left side. Now of course the throttle attachment for the guide is just about in the middle of the airplane. I have tried just about everything to get it to hook up without binding and can't figure out any other way then to make two 90 degree bends and come at it from the right side of the plane through the firewall. If you have any ideas please let me know before I take the engine back and get an Evolution .46.

Thanks
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Lefty
Old 05-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Lobob

Default RE: Saito .72 and Horizon Hobby Twist

Lefty,

Am also in the process of combining the Twist and a Saito 72. Ran into the same problems as you and tried various things to make it "comfortable" from my perspective. I also reversed the carb and now I've got it set up with a 2x56 rod from the servo thru the upper left had corner of the firewall (looking at it from the front of the plane). It comes out about 1/4" from the top and side of the left side of where the firewall attaches to the fuse. After the rod comes out I made a 90 degree bend towards the throttle lever then another bend after passing thru the throttle lever ( kinda of an elongaged Z-bend). Seems to work OK sitting on the bench but am still looking for more input, as you are. If need be I could post some pics in the near future. How is yours balancing?? Setting mine at 4 1/2", it will balance perfectly with no weight, but if I just touch the nose or the tail it will cause it to quite rapidly drop to the end I touch???? Just wondering if this is normal, seems really sensitive.

Lobob
Old 05-05-2004, 06:30 AM
vinnie

Are you balancing the plane inverted?
Old 05-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Lefte

I haven't gotten to that step yet, But yes I will be doing it inverted. My brother has a plane just like it only with an OS 60 engine and it balanced right on the money at 4 inches. I am hoping for the same luck with the recommended Saito engine.

Lefty
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Lefte

YES!!
take some pictures and I will also and lets get some posing on this to each other at least. I can show you what I have tried to do and you can show me the same.

Thanks

Lefty
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Lobob

Lefty,

Will post some pics later today and we'll take it from there. Hope we still get some input from some of the more experienced contributors. In answer to Vinne's question, I went back out after my first post to check on CG again and realize that I hadn't balanced in inverted position.....duuhhhhh.

Lobob
AMA #808252
Old 05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Lobob

Lefty,

Here are the pics..........hope they come over ok. The exact location of the hole thru the firewall can be altered somewhat, maybe a little lower etc., depending on which hole in the throttle arm you decide to use. You will also have to enlarge the throttle arm hole slightly to accomdate the 2X56 rod. I would also encourage the use of the plastic tube for guiding the throttle rod. Unless someone else comes up with better suggestion I will probably give this setup a go. Let me know if you have other thoughts.

Lobob
AMA #808252
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45963.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	129429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83289.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	129430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41710.jpg