Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito 180 Carburetor Reversing? Anybody got a itsybitsy flowbench?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito 180 Carburetor Reversing? Anybody got a itsybitsy flowbench?

Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Deadtired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 180 Carburetor Reversing? Anybody got a itsybitsy flowbench?

This may be a ludicrous question but does it matter in terms of low velocity flow whether one flips the carb 180 degrees on this engine?

As I look at it, if I flip it around, the low velocity flow will no longer be following the floor of the manifold and then (trying) to turn 90 degrees, but it will possible tumble more as it has no floor to follow and has to pass through the cross section of the port and then around the 90 degree bend.

Does it even matter? Maybe even work better?

I'm just wondering if anyone has had adverse effects with there off idle and transition to midrange or tuning issues in general.

ALSO... I'm running a 32 oz tank and kind of far from the carb. My feeling is that at half a tank and such a great distance from the carb I might encounter a pretty radical mixture change due to the pressure drop. I am ordering a perry oscillating pump. Has anyone used this setup and do they work ok?

Deadtired's inquiring mind would like to know.

One deadstick was all it took...now I have a whole box of dead sticks!