Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Micro servos & receiver ?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Micro servos & receiver ?

Old 05-07-2004, 03:56 AM
SpookySys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro servos & receiver ?

Is there any way to build one receiver but one that is custom made and small very small... the same thing to servos but i think that is more complex that the receiver.
I can get all the necessary electronic equipment to build the receiver i just need the schematics if there are any...
Old 05-07-2004, 05:41 AM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Micro servos & receiver ?

You would find it *very* difficult to build a receiver and servos smaller than those currently on the market.

Are you looking for a full-range receiver or park-flyer type?

I have a bookmark somewhere for a French website that contains the full schematics for an FM receiver and decoder -- but you won't be able to make it any smaller or lighter than many of the commercial units.

You could also check out these threads on another RC discussion site:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200564

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215885
Old 05-07-2004, 08:19 AM
SpookySys

Thanks for the links ... i was just searching for more ways to reduce the size and weight for my scratch built glider so that i don't need to be very concern about where do i place my servos/receiver and to look into how can i do this using my own servos or other smaller ones but with a custom made receiver...
Thinking in a full-range receiver.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:07 AM
bigchap

do a search for micronradiocontrol,they are a u.k. company that sell servo and receiver kits,their stuff is light and cheap,as they are kits you get the option to leave the cases off to save a bit more weight,another thing they do which may be of interest to you glider-guiders is a wind-driven generator which charges your batteries as you fly.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:44 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too doubt that you'll be able to make a receiver smaller than the commercially available ones. Even the Hitec 555, which is a very small, lightweight (0.81 ounce), dual conversion one. If you remove the case, it's even lighter. Solder the servo leads thus eliminating connectors, it gets lighter still.

Depending on the torque you require in the servos, you can buy micros for real cheap money. Some are available for as little as $10 each.

The Hitec Hs-50 is $16.00 and has 8.4 ounces of torque, at a weight of 0.20 ounces.

Good luck,
Dennis-