Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

can i use an os 40-50 drive washer on tt 40?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

can i use an os 40-50 drive washer on tt 40?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 09:29 AM
mbagawin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i use an os 40-50 drive washer on tt 40?

guys can i use a drive washer for os40-50 for a thunder tiger pro 40? or a gms drive washer perhap?
please reply. thanksss
Old 05-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: can i use an os 40-50 drive washer on tt 40?

On the face of it, No!
Unless the drive washers are identical, which they most likely aren't, it won't work.
Get the proper part.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:05 PM
FHHuber
Banned

If the "keying" to the shaft is the same... and it does not cause binding... its OK. If the little notch(es) in the crankshaft and the flat(s) on the thrust washer don't match... don't do it.

You'll know as soon as you tighten the prop if it causes binding. The prop will either turn freely when not in compression... or it basicly won't turn at all.

There are many parts that cross-over from engine to engine without problems.... but you do have to be a lot more careful with some than others. The thrust washer is one of the easier ones to "get away with." For example a different maker's piston may fit the bore perfectly... but most times, the wrist pin distance to the top of the piston and the piston skirt size and shapes vary enough that you can NOT interchange them.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:14 AM
mbagawin

sir, i couldn't find one in the internet. i've been looking for in towerhobbies and omnimodels but there's not a single thunder tiger parts on engine available. if i need your help! Were can i contact or do you have a web site of thunder tiger? i am in the philippines. thanks a lot and God Bless.

marvin