Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Drag

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 06:52 PM
skier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag

What is the formula/equation I would use to calculate the increase in drag caused by making the stabalizer larger.

How do I calculate the thrust put out by a propellor (assume I know the RPM)

How would I calculate the additional thrust needed to off-set the increase in drag.

I am thinking of changing my Duelist to a twin-tail and was wondering how much additional power I would need to keep up with a Duelist with a single tail.

Thanks for your help
Old 05-21-2004, 10:29 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Drag

In th event that the mod does not cause a tail heavy condition - there is nothing to consider -
On the Duelist - there is plenty of moment arm and you can purty up the tail group all you want as long as you keep it all straight and strong ---but NOT heavier!
use at least the total existing fin /rudder area and split it up
Old 05-22-2004, 06:15 PM
skier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drag

I heard the plane comes out nose heavy, and adding weight would be ok. It was also suggested to me to add more rudder area to help in case of an engine out. I am also converting it to a tail-dragger, which will mover some of the weight forward. I am using fixed landing gear.

I would still like to know how to calculate drag