Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fuel Tank/Line problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel Tank/Line problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:42 PM
skibird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank/Line problem

I just took out my 4* for a test flight after a few modifications (flaps, bigger rudder) I have installed a 46la that seems to run good so far. The problem is sometimes when I hold the plane nose high I get bubbles coming through the fuel line. It seems to do it when I climb at to high an angle of attack also. If I lower the nose before the engine quits, it seems to run fine again. This is my first flight a year or two so I am sure I am missing something simple. I am thinking some problem with the fuel line inside the tank. Any body have any other ideas?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Flightfreak777

Default RE: Fuel Tank/Line problem

mixture setting, make sure its not to lean. max the throttle and find the highest RPM and then take it back a few notches till u hear a noticable decrease. thats my guess

~Matt
Old 06-25-2004, 09:15 PM
skibird

Don't think it is a mixture problem, since the problem start at the tank. I am thinking probably a problem with the clunk or line it is attached to, since it only occurs when the plane is held nose high. Just hate the thought of taking the fuel tank out, and I don,t have any spare fuel line laying around. Of course the weather tomorrow is supposed to be great.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:41 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

Sorry to say it, but I think you have a hole in the pickup line in the tank. It should be right where the line connects to the brass tubing thru the stopper. I have been down this road with several tanks. Ever time I had the same symptoms that was what I found.[8D]
Old 06-26-2004, 08:41 AM
skibird

I think I figured it out. I pulled the tank out this morning and found that the clunk had gotten flipped to the front of the tank. I believe that this would cause a fuel problem with a nose high attitude I will reinstall and check out soon.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:49 PM
birdnest

if it happened once, it will happen again. make a clapper clunk (extend clunk with short legnth of brass tubing, you need a clunk that you can solder a brass tube into to do this).

peter