Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

High Band, Low Band. Does it really matter?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

High Band, Low Band. Does it really matter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 04:59 PM
mayday421p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Band, Low Band. Does it really matter?

I bought a brand new Futaba flight pack on ebay, only to realize later that the receiver was for high band. My Tx is on channel 28, so I'm suppossed to use a low band receiver. Only I installed my Ch.28 crystal on the new high band receiver and it works perfectly.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Does any receiver work as long as you have the matching crystals? My more experience friend says he's done it before with no problems. What do you guys think? Does it really matter?

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:12 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: High Band, Low Band. Does it really matter?

Futaba is the only manufacturer that has a High and Low band. It seems that the farther away you are from one or the other, your range will be affected. Considering you're on 28, that's not too far from the middle.

Personally, I wouldn't risk my plane.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:08 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: High Band, Low Band. Does it really matter?

I have changed to several different channels across the Hi/low bands. Just do a GOOD range check, if all is ok, then your good to go. The RX is not as picky as the TX when changing channels.[8D]