Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Air Retract Question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Air Retract Question

Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 AM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Air Retract Question

I recently acquired a Byrons Original Hellcat kit. It was started about 10 yrs. ago and never finished. Retracts are all new and installed but have been sitting around for a long time. I want to make sure there are no leaks in the air system. I decided to replace all the lines, fittings, gauge, valve etc. My question is this ... should I lube the air cylinder with oil or grease or something? Im talking about the actual arm on the retract unit that slides in and out as the gear is raised and lowered. I know there must be O-rings inside and Im not sure what I should use to lubricate them to make sure they seal properly. Teflon bike oil maybe? Lite white grease? I dont wanna ruin them by using the wrong thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck
Old 07-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Robart Air Retract Question

Contact Robart, They can advise you on that. Don't know how fast they will respond. Keep trying until they do.
[&:]
Old 07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Phoenix57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robart Air Retract Question

Hi! Go to the tower Hobbies web site and you will find under airplane accessories neumatic the Robart air cylinder rebuild kit and it does contain some type of grease. The thing I learned was that you want to keep the area as clean as possible because snad will obviously sictk the any excess grease in the area