Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Frequency Control Board Stickers?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Frequency Control Board Stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Treker NCC-1701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency Control Board Stickers?

Hi All,

I am trying to find some frequency stickers for use on the frequency control board at our club field. Most of ours have faded out and I would like to replace them. I was told they were available from the AMA, but when I called to order them, they said they don't make them and to try my LHS. When I called the LHS, they doesn't seem to know what I am talking about. I have attached a photo for reference. If anyone could point me in the right direction for a source to buy more of these stickers, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jay Bickford
aka
Treker
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69541.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	156941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28875.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	156942  
Old 07-24-2004, 09:47 PM
BobbyRichardson

Default RE: Frequency Control Board Stickers?

Most trophy and engraving shops will fix you right up.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:29 PM
bbbair

Hmmmm;

You have a different method of frequency control that we do...

Rather than your series of individual stickers we (Canadians) purchase a single sticker/panel that lists all of the channels. It's applied to a piece of aluminium and placed at the field, when you are using a channel you attach a personalized clothes pin to the correct channel and go flying.

Cost? $15.00 Cdn (~$12.00 US) No pictures but, Check it out at;

http://www.maac.ca/resources/maac_giftshop.html
Old 07-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Treker NCC-1701

Yeah, I've seen a number of ways to do frequency control at the various flying fields I have visited around the country. The fields I have been to here in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota use some variation on the theme of attaching your AMA card or club membership card to a space or slot indicating your frequency. Some use the binder clips like we do, and others use some type of slot to slip your card into. These are usually made of clear plastic like plexiglas so the name can be read through it. This is what we used to use at our field until someone decided to shoot our frequency control board up one night with a shotgun.

At the field I learned to fly at years ago out in the Albuquerque, NM area everyone had a spring type cloths pin with their name and frequency on it and that is what we attached to the frequency control board. I quess whatever works to keep from shooting each other down.

However, I was still hoping that someone might know where I can buy these stickers already make up into a set. I thought maybe someone like Du-Bro or some other manufacturer might make them. Any other suggestions anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Treker NCC-1701

I took a look at the MAAC website, and it sounds like the frequency board they have listed there might work. Does anyone have a photo of it or can give me the dimensions?

Thanks,
Old 07-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

all you have to do is get one of those cheap things were you get the real tough tape and it imprints what you turned the dial to. you know what i;m talking about? Well just go from 1-75 like 1,2,3,4,5 etc but make sure you leave lots of space between the two. i'll take some pics of the one at our field so you can get a good idea of what i'm talking about.