Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

4* 60

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:25 PM
kahlua949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4* 60

I have a SIG 4 star sixty which is powered by a magnum .91 4 stroke. I have been flying it for a while now and one day a glider caught my eye so i started to wonder if my plane would be able to carrie a small glider up to a certain altitude and then let it go. I have no idea if it would work or not so i thought i would ask you guys.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:00 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 4* 60

Yup,

You can build a small cradle that will attach to the top of your plane (In the case of a Tiger, it would attach on top of the canopy. your guess is as good as mins as to HOW to attach it). Strap the glider down with rubberbands over the glider wing that will release with the flip of a servo.

It's fun!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97868.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	158526  
Old 07-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll second Minn's reply. A fellow flyer here did it with his Robin (high wing). Far be it for me to criticize ANY of Minn's awesome drawings, but you do need to remove as much material as possible from the sides of the cradle. Otherwise, it acts like a vertical stab, and you will have little to no steering control. My buddy just about lost his Robin on the first cradle flight because of this reason, and he didn't have a glider on it at the time! Now that he streamlined the cradle, he carries a glider no problem, he just needs to mix in about 70% rudder with ailerons.

It's awesome to watch, and tonight he's giving me the glider controls! I can't wait. I'll take some close up pics if you like. The glider is released by the glider pilot, not the airplane pilot.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:55 AM
kahlua949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks im gonna give it a try then.