Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Monokote Trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote Trim

Any advice on how to use Monokote as trim? I am getting ready to cover an ugly Stick and was wondering about techniques for putting the trim on. I am considering covering it in Monokote and want to put the white stripe on the fuselage and the wing. Can you put Monokote over itself without bubbling? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Will
Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Monokote Trim

Do a search on "windex". There are several good threads on covering using windex to place the monoKote. One is about making a US flag motif.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:27 AM
MAJSteve
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Monokote Trim

I just did two 4 inch stripes of monocoat trim over oracover. Windex, a credit card to squeegee out all that you can, let it dry and then touch the edges that lift with an iron set pretty low. Not a bubble to be seen even in 116 degree weather.