Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 21st. Century paint >

21st. Century paint

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

21st. Century paint

Old 08-31-2004, 10:47 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21st. Century paint

Does any one else have any problems with this paint?

I'm doing up a PW Extra scheme and I have found the red paint to have very low solids. It has taken almost 2 cans to paint the small amount of red on the fuse and tonight I tried spraying on the black to find after 4 passes it only looked slightly grey. At this rate it would take a whole can to do one black stripe down the side, if it ever turns black.

And does any one else have a fogging effect with the paint? For the red only a few parts are half-ways shinny and the rest looks very foggy.

This is the worst paint I have ever used and it too bad I have about 6 more can of various colors for another plane.

Is there any other paint that is compatible with the 21st. primer so I can get some real black to lay down.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 21st. Century paint

I had the same problem with the yellow. All I wanted to do was paint the yellow stripe on the leading edge of my Spitfire wing. Put on about 5 coats and it still didn't look all that great. Most of my plane was painted with Chevron Perfect paints over the 21st Century primer. No problems with that combo, but it was about 10 years ago, so they may have changed the formula by now. I'll never buy that 21st Century crap again.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:53 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[>:]I had a problem with 21st Century Paint a few years ago. It would
spit out white specs. The mail order house that I ordered it from and
Coverite did not respond well to my problem. I no longer order from
the supplier nor do I use this product.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep I had the same problem. I will not buy that crap again. Cover with Monocoat paint with Lustercoat. Colors match and you don't need two cans of paint to paint a stinkin stripe.

Rrragman