Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 Shielding external servo's >

Shielding external servo's

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shielding external servo's

Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shielding external servo's

After a few flights with my new mini 3d I noticed that the elevator servo was gooped in fuel as well as the aileron servo, anyone know a way of shielding them from the fuel?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:51 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Shielding external servo's

Next time you go shopping, look at the products that are packaged in those blister Packs.

Be a hero and buy your kid a toy, then help him open it and save the plastic blister.

Cut it in half (Green Dotted Line) and you have two servo covers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43612.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	169265  
Old 09-01-2004, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shielding external servo's

Akherat

I have neer seen a servo go bad from fuel residue. The quality of servos are such that the residue does not get inside the servo. Now if you want to shield a servo for peace of mind, there are a couple of things you can check into.

It's the wrong time of year for this, but, if you can find the right size of plastic easter eggs, you can cut one half of the egg into half (1/4 egg) and glue it in front of the servo. This will act as a streamlined exhaust diverter/catcher. You can do the similar thing with certain bubble packs that can be found in all stores. In fact I think you might be able to run a search looking for "bubble packs" to get more info. I believe someone gave some good advice as to what to look for.