Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 Has anybody put retracts on a super sportster 40 >

Has anybody put retracts on a super sportster 40

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Has anybody put retracts on a super sportster 40

Old 09-02-2004, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody put retracts on a super sportster 40

I was if anybody has ever put retracts a gp super sportster 40. If you have which retracts were used? I was wondering how well it would work because i use a grass strip i need the landing bent forward a bit to prevent tip over. I don't know much about retract systems. Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Has anybody put retracts on a super sportster 40

Yep. I have a SS 40 with retracts. I fly off of pavement or hard packed dirt so I cant help you with the grass stuff. I just put them in like they do on the 60 sized one. You can search for the threads on that, they had pics to go with it so that would help better then I could dicribe it here. I used no name cheap retracts that have held up for many years now. You will need a good servo if you go with the mech. ones. I also went with two aleiron servos and have flaperons to help slow it down. If you do go with retracts on grass the flaps may let you slow it down enough to not rip them out or nose over.

Dru.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dual aileron set-up you used, did you put them externally on the wing or did you squeeze them both in the center part of the wing?
Did you go with mechanical or air retracts? Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with mech retracts. I put the servos out in the wing for short control hook ups. It took 2 24 inch extensions to reach the servos. If I were to do it again I would go with flaps and flaperons. Flying off grass make sure you use ply rib doublers and hard wood rails to mount the retracts to. Mount the retracts to the rails and glue the rails in so the body of the retract holds the rails in position to keep the retracts from being twisted when yuo tighten them down.

Dru.