Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Field work tables

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Field work tables

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Ron Reynolds
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Field work tables

Hi - my name is Ron and I am a member of the Decatur Aerocommanders RC Club in Decatur, IL. We are wanting to erect a couple of nice worktables at our field to help some of the older members (myself included) work on and start their aircraft. Was wondering if any of you had a good set of plans for such a table? Would appreciate any info or suggestions you have.

Ron[8D]
Old 09-07-2004, 03:23 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Field work tables

Hi Ron, welcome to RCU. There have been several pictured in the past. I'm sure one of these guys can come up with a diagram

How about it guys?
Old 09-07-2004, 04:57 PM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

Plans were published in one of the RC airplane magazines a few years ago. One of our club members built two for our field, and from pictures I've seen of other fields, it seems like they're showing up everywhere. Perhaps someone can identify the magazine and the particular issue and page number where they appear!
Old 09-07-2004, 05:04 PM
vicar

Hi Ron,

At our club we started with one and now we have six. They are great and all members, young and old, appreciate the usefulness of the tables. Ours were built based on plans we found in one of the magazines (as stated above - I think High Flight). They have wheels and can hold the plane for starting. Let me see if I can find the reference or at least a picture...
Old 09-07-2004, 05:41 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

The August 2002 Model Aviation had the plans for the starting tables. We (Wyoming Modelers Park Assoc.) have four of them stationed right behind the pilots' boxes so that the plane can be started and placed on the safety line next to the pilots' box ready for take off. We enlarged the dimensions some to accomodate up to 90 size planes (wider table for landing gear and larger tray for holding transmitters.

We have built some "Big Bird" starting pads for planes too big for the tables. The pads are 10' X 10' concrete with sleeves to hold restraints for the tail or wing. Once the engine is started then the restraints can be pulled from the sleeves and the plane taxied to the runway. These have been very successful also.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Ron Reynolds

Thanks very much for the input on the field tables. i will obtain a copy of the said magazine if it is available. Thanks again guys!

Ron
AMA 451303
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM
carrellh

Plans and instructions for the stands in "Model Aviation" are on this site
http://www.meroke.com/beautification...ightbench.html
Old 09-08-2004, 05:49 AM
vicar

Our benches are exactly as shown in Carrell's instructions, with the exception that we added wheels to the front posts so they can be easily moved around. We used inexpensive lawn mower wheels, somewhere in the $3-4 a piece. I have to admit that I was initially against the idea but after trying them I am a convert; I am now the official repair man for the benches in my club...
Old 09-08-2004, 07:06 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Nice bucks-down tables can be had from the telephone company. The cable spools make nice tables.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Ron Reynolds

Thanks Carrell, Vicar and all others that responded to my query. I have downloaded the plans that Carrell suggested and have given then to the club's builder. Thanks again all.

Ron