Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

more gyro questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

more gyro questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 04:03 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default more gyro questions

I'd like to try a gyro, but find it confusing to choose one. The purpose is to put it in an Aeromaster to tame the rudder on takeoff.

Here are my questions:

1. Since aerobatics is the purpose of this plane, is it necessary to have a gyro that is controllable from the transmitter, or will one that is not, like the Hobbico multipurpose gyro, do the trick? It seems that if it cannot be switched off, the rudder will fight many aerobatic manouvers.

2. Can the gyro be controlled from a non-proportional channel like the retract channel or three position flap switched channel? I have an Airtronics RD 6000 Super which does not have a proportional auxilliary channel.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a standard RATE gyro in one of my heli's. To get it to change settings all you have to do is set up one of you mixs to mix rudder to gyro. So when you move the rudder stick the amount of gyro gain goes down.

In the mix program the MAS would be rudder and the SLV would be the gyro channel. You will have to play with the amount of mixing to get it right. You can turn this on and off from the TX. The manual shows you how to set up the mixers.

Dru.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:08 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I think I can figure it out now.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:08 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gyros

go to rcwarbirds.com and the forums on flying and twins for indepth discussion of the use of gyros.
You will love the plane...no matter what the purists say!!!

Twinman
Old 08-18-2002, 04:07 PM
rcpilotsteve-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

"I have an Airtronics RD 6000 Super which does not have a proportional auxilliary channel."
Yes it does,kinda, if you don't use retracts plug the Gyro into the fifth channel. Adjust the Gyro to the rate that you want between the two switch settings. If you do use retracts use the flap switch ? If you have both flaps and retracts, you just outgrew your RD bummer
Old 08-18-2002, 06:09 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default gyro

If you use the Hobbico Multipurpose gyro, and I have for several of mine and other tail draggers, including the cub, you do not need additional gyro. Suggest start at 50% gain, Too much and the tail will wag.