Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Robo-struts on a 1.20 Ryan STA

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Robo-struts on a 1.20 Ryan STA

Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 AM
drakechaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Robo-struts on a 1.20 Ryan STA

Does anyone have any feedback on the robo-struts on the Great planes 1.20 Ryan STA? I haven't started assembly of mine yet. I sure don't want to start busting wheel pants. Any new feedback on a gas engine for this plane? I know I should probably just run a good 4 stroke, but I want to try a small gasser if possible. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Quicksdraw MaGraw
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Robart Robo-struts on a 1.20 Ryan STA

I just took delivery of a set from Tower. One look at them and I fell like it was the right move. I've decided on a Saito 1.20... why not. And to top it off I have stripped the aluminum Monokote off the fuselage and am redoing it in chome. So far it looks killer.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:24 AM
RCFlyerNYC

I'm happy with the 91 2 stroke and the Robo struts are working out fine. What I'm not thrilled about is the way the wheel pants are attached to the wing. There's not enough hard wood to make a good connection. After misjudging a landing, one of the pants came loose so I'm going to glue some pieces of ply to the wing where the pants are screwed on
Jeff
Old 10-08-2004, 11:14 PM
drakechaser

I am going to size my cowl with some different gas engines tomorrow. If I am not satisfied with the fit, I will use a Saito 1.20 or a YS 110. As far as the landing gear goes, I think I am going to scrap the wire gear that came with the Ryan. I am going to have a custom set built for it. I plan to add the Robo-struts to the new gear to take some of the shock from the less flexible replacement gear. thanks for the heads up about beefing up the wood around where the wheel glass connects to the wings. Does anyone know where I can find any pictures of a full scale Ryan with a single cockpit and the red and white scheme? I looked on the net for a while and only found the double seater military version with the aluminum finish. I would like to look at a real version of the one I have. Thanks for the replys. I really appreciate it.