Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS-90fs with pump?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS-90fs with pump?

Old 10-10-2004, 08:15 AM
intruder507

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS-90fs with pump?

I have a couple things to ask about with this motor. 1st, this motor leaks fuel out of the regulator not all the time but when it does, I take the motor to high rpm and it will quit leaking after about 5 seconds, then it won't leak when I return to idle. Although after I fly, I am noticing the motor mounts and engine compartment has been getting unusually wet, I am a guessin its leaking up there to. I have retightened all the screws on the motor but none were loose. I dont know much of these pumped motors so maybe its suppossed to leak somewhat.
2nd. After I start the motor I will usually let it warm up for about 2 minutes then go to WOT to set the needle valve and off I will fly. Lately after about 3 minutes in the air I have to land and readjust the needle valve and it might take almost a half turn, but then the setting will stay there for the remainder of the flight. If I restart it for another flight, we'll say 1 hour later, I have to go through this whole process again. This motor used to never change like this. Any ideas on either problems, think they are related somehow.