Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Odorless CA Super Glue

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Odorless CA Super Glue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 03:49 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odorless CA Super Glue

Anyone know of a source for odorless CA glue? I love to use the CA glues but am allergic to the fumes. I have tried several solutions to get rid of the fumes with no success.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:11 PM
BingoFlyer

Most CA manufactures produce orderless CA but it is more costly. I also have trouble with CA fumes and build using alaphetic resin (Elmer's Carperter's wood glue) for most of my building. By working one several parts at the same time building does not take that much more time. When I do use CA (hinging) I open both doors to shop and use a fan to blow fumes away and out.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:16 AM
crosswind

I could be mistaken, but I know the CA I use for foam is odorless. I think most, if not all, foam compatable CAs are odorless. I would think any hobby supply would be able to help you. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Brent Bills

Default Odorless CA's

I too am sensitive to CA fumes, and I launched a search a few years ago for the least offensive fumed CA. One of the best is Sig's series of three, thin, medium and thick. No LHS around this area (Orlando, Florida) carries Sig CA's, so the only way to get it was by mail. They are pretty expensive, but so is a new pair of lungs, and I do not know of anyone who is yet offering a new pair of lungs or eyes.

I have been told that the strong (cheap solvents, cheap price) CA's fumes etch the cornea of the eyeballs. And then they never grow back to a nice, smooth finish. I even heard of one fellow in the Muncie, Indiana area that went blind from CA.

I keep my CA's refrigerated after opening. It extends the life greatly. I will be trying to use them directly from the freezer, and then return them to the freezer after each session. Also direct sunlight will kill CA's. Keep them in the dark.

Try hanging a plant or two in the hobby room. The plants take the hydrocarbon nasty stuff and convert it to oxygen. It really works.

I just got a delivery today of a thin and thick odorless CA from Australia I am going to try.

Available in the U.S. from:
A & J Aviation
Saturn Hobbies of Washington
Art Grabow, Sr.
2118 Jackson Ave.
Everett, WA 98203
(425) 290-6913
e-mail: [email protected]
(Try his Ozcover, it is GREAT!)
I hope this helps.
Regards, Brent, P.S., let me know if this helps, [email protected]
Old 10-09-2002, 10:08 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

I can't remember the manufacturer, but if you can find any UFO brand, it works great. I've been allergic to CA for a while, too. Wouldn't you know it - the ONLY thing I'm allergic to is something I need to use!

UFO is great for foam, too. Doesn't attack it. It seems like it takes a little longer to set up, and MAY not be quite as strong as other brands, but it does work well.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:34 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Brent, good to see you and to here that you got your shipment all right. Look forward to hearing how the glue worked out for you also, great stuff and all I use now.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:12 AM
TerrellFlyer

buy mine at the LHS,storing ca in the frige before they are opened works, once they are opened the humity can fire the ca off and ruin the contents,so I don't store in the frige once used.
Have a goodun,John.