Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Paint Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Canuck1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Question

I have a question regarding Krylon Spray Paint. I was planning on finishing my plane with some Krylon spray paint. I am not to sure if it is fuel proof or not. I was also wondering if it is not, could I use T.F. LustreKote, flat clear to seal it up. I was wondering if anyone else has done this before. I do not have any fancy spray equipment so I was planning on using spray paint to finish my project. Any comments would be appreciated.

Craig.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:15 PM
voyager_663rd

Default RE: Paint Question

krylon is fuel proof. use it exclusively to decorate my SPAD's.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:48 AM
CafeenMan

I used Krylon on a cowl once and fuel wiped the paint off easily after it had dried for weeks. I don't remember what type of paint it was and I know Krylon makes more than one kind. In any case the lesson here is to always test a finish on something besides your plane regardless of what anyone tells you.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:40 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto.

I used Krylon once and after one season the paint was gummy and could be wiped off.

Now, if I use it, I protect it with a clear polyurethane. Do a test first with the LustreKote to make sure it doesn't bubble the Krylon.