Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hardwiring fuel pump

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hardwiring fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
bretthan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardwiring fuel pump

I was wondering if anyone has any pics or suggestions about how to hardwire an electric fuel pump into the back of a power panel (so that you don't have banana jacks sticking out the front). Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Live Wire

Default RE: Hardwiring fuel pump

Most power panels have a pump out let or you can connect to your starter out lets for 12v. or you can connect direct to your battery with a fuse in line to the pump.

[8D]
Old 11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Stew99

Default RE: Hardwiring fuel pump

I had to do this one time when the pump switch on my power panel failed. If you have a pump with a built in switch you can just solder the wires onto the same tabs where the battery wires connect to the panel. When I replaced that panel and pump recently I soldered the wires to the back side of the banana plug terminals. That way I can use the switch on the new power panel. Since the pump is permanently installed in my field box, I don't have to fool with the banana plugs and wires getting in the way all the time and if I want to use an external pump the banana plug jacks are still free to use.