Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sounds funny,but where do I get Srews?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sounds funny,but where do I get Srews?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 05:56 PM
polish smiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds funny,but where do I get Srews?

Hey,

I kind of realized I have no screws at home, for the servos and landing gear :-) And we have no screws I could use at home.. So where do I get those the cheapest? Does Towerhobbies sell srews? I'll be ordering there, so I have to pay the shipping anyway But what size are the servo mounting screws normaly, what is it called ? It's the standard servos...

thx bye bye
Old 12-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sounds funny,but where do I get Srews?

http://www.microfasteners.com/ for one,

I know there's another that's been advertising on RCU, can't find it at the moment.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 12-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Bud Faulkner
My Feedback: (1)

Use the search function on towers website for servo screws....as far as the landing gear screws what plane do you have and who makes it? You can go to their website and e-mail them for size and type if it's not listed in the kit manual. In a lot of cases a hardware store can supply you with the proper size, at least that's where I get some of mine here in the states.

Bud
Old 12-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Place your order with either Microfasteners or RTL Fasteners. Microfasteners has the easier of the websites and excellent service.

Ordering from Tower will give you a small handful of screws for a large handful of money. If you check the quantities and pricing with the other two sites, then combine the increased parts count at less cost with the reduced shipping price, and you'll never go back to Tower.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I second RTL you can spend $30-$50 with them and have a lifetime supply of servo screws, blind nuts, bolts for engine mounts and landing gear, washers, lock nuts, etc. Its a lot cheaper in the long run than buying them seperately and if you lose a screw to vibration or a bolt breaks, you always have plenty of extras. The RTL site also gives advise on what you need for what size planes.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:27 AM
aimmaintenance

Maybe my local hardware store is better stocked than most or maybe I'm just using the wrong sizes but that's where all mine come from. They even have the teeny tiny screws, bolts, nylocks etc.
Maybe you should check out your local hardware.