Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

rc shop in toronto?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

rc shop in toronto?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:58 PM
David74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc shop in toronto?

does anyone know if there are any rc shops in toronto, ontario, other than HobbyHobby?

thank you
David
Old 12-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Legend4

Default RE: rc shop in toronto?

Hi David,
Try this link. http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12227
I hope this will help you.

Trevor
Old 12-24-2004, 05:35 PM
David74

thank you legend4! I checked your link and found what i didn't want to .... there are basically no rc shops in downtown!!! What do you think about greathobbies?
Well I just moved to Canada from italy a month ago, so I would really appreciate if you could also give me some links of toronto rc clubs where I could go for a visit.
thank you
david
Old 12-24-2004, 07:46 PM
voyager_663rd

Both Great Hobbies and Hobby Wholesale are great to deal with. There are others also: BlackFlyAero, Ideal, just to name two.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Legend4

Hi David, Welcome to Canada. Unfortunately I don't know any of the Toronto clubs. I am from Stratford which is about 2 hours from Toronto. Here is a couple of links that should be helpful. http://www.maac.ca/
http://www.rccanada.ca/ This one would be a great place to ask because their is a bunch of friendly people on there from Toronto.
Merry Christmas.

Trevor
Old 12-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Legend4

Great Hobbies is a good place to deal with. I do buy from them time to time. I do find them to be very good on their prices. They seem to be the ones that set the standard. When I buy locally(London, Kitchener and even T.O.) Prices are either the same or higher. It is good to compare prices before buying to help stretch our hobby dollars a little further. Also you only have to pay one of the taxes not both like you have to pay here.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Irish R.Seer
My Feedback: (1)

You can try Skycraft Hobbies in Burlington. Phone (905)631-9002 or Hobbycraft Canada in Concorde 1-800-465-6100. Hope these help.
Bill
Old 12-25-2004, 11:53 AM
David74

thank you!
I just have another question? I couldn't bring with me my radio equipment ( we use different frequencies in italy) and now I need to buy a new one .. the problem is that i am used to flying on mode 1 ( trhottle an ailerons on the right stick) and it seems kind of impossible to find a radio with that configuration here in north america... do you guys fly only on mode 2?

thank you
merry x-mas
david
Old 12-25-2004, 11:30 PM
voyager_663rd

You may want to visit THE Canadian RC site-- http://www.rccanada.ca for some more answers.

As far as I know, you are allowed to use either 1 or 2. However I think that most if not all trmstrs are sold as mode 2. Also, most computer radios are capable of switching to either 1 or 2 but the detente throttle setting and self-centering elev may need to be changed at the factory service end (leastways, thats what futaba recommends).

Happy Flying.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Legend4

Most people do fly mode two but there are also some that fly mode one. I am sure you should be able to special order one. Depending on your radio systems that you have now you should be able to have them switched to our frequencies. It could be as easy as changing a modual or you might have to send them in for servicing. The best way to find out the answer this question would be to send an email to the manufacture/distributor of the radio.