Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I need some help with aerobatics

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I need some help with aerobatics

Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
ksechler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with aerobatics

I am looking to take my flying to a higher level. I am a solid pilot that has even instructed, but I need some resources for improvement. I am looking for one or perhaps two books that would cover trimming and advanced aerobatics.

I have a nice Ultimate Bipe but I have been too lazy to fine tune the trim. There is a noticeable (but correctable) pull to the right on uplines and the knife edge is a mess. I know that to fly really precisely the thrust line, CG and incidences can be fine tuned and there are a certain approaches to performing these tasks. Can someone recommend a book?

I would also like something that would lay out some aerobatic routines and describe how to do the manuevers. By practicing a routine I can focus more on entry and exit points and become more fluid. I'm not really looking to compete, but I'd like to be better. I gets a little boring just drilling holes in the sky.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: I need some help with aerobatics

Here are 3 pages from the back of the original GP Ultrasport 40 that have some very good info
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64865.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	210090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98692.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	210091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79761.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	210092  
Old 01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Try going to the NSRCA website, they have a lot of good info. Also, the Pattern forum here on RCU has all the experts on it that can help with specific questions. Two books that I like a lot are: Radio Control Aerobatics For Everyone by Dave Patrick, and the Ultimate RC Flight Guide from the publishers of Model Airplane News. Good luck.
Steve
Old 01-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

While I may be bias, check out this site
http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/aerobatics