Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

TF Arrow-mechanical retracts?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TF Arrow-mechanical retracts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM
DamonTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Arrow-mechanical retracts?

I'm just getting started on the new Top Flite Piper Arrow and am looking into the landing gear options. I really don't want to use the included (non-retractable) gear but am not about to spend a total of $350 for a Robart's gear setup. I'd rather invest that money in good servos.

So, I've been trying to find mechanical gear since it's a lot less expensive. Tower has a set of Hobbico tricycle gear for $19.99. Thats sounds too cheap to be any good! The diameter of the Hobbico gear is 5/32" and the wire included in the kit is .19" so the Hobbico gear is a little thinner.

Does anyone know of any other options?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM
shford
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: TF Arrow-mechanical retracts?

Try Southern Pro retracts made by Dave Brown. I have used them and they hold up well. All metal construction. I think they can use a 3/16 strut, not really sure. Tower sells them or you can go to Dave Brown's website. Hope this helps.
Sam
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
DamonTX

Default RE: TF Arrow-mechanical retracts?

I see them on the Dave Brown website and at Sheldon's Hobbies but not on the Tower site. Are you sure Tower has them? Neither of the websites that had them gave very much information. I wanted to verify that the the struts are 3/16" which is pretty close to the supplied .19" gear.