Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 7D Carby

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:47 AM
davidej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 7D Carby

I have a venerable OS 91 (FSR I think) ith a 7D carby.

The slow running needle is not the usual type with a screwdriver slot. It seem to have a small plate (flat against the side of the carby) which is located by a grub screw.

I beleive that to adjust slow running mixture, you turn the grub screw, which has an eccentric which moves the plate round,

Is this right? Does anyone know which way you turn the screw to lean the mixture?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 7D Carby

Start with the eccentric screw in the center of its movement range. Turn clockwise to lean the idle mixture. Counter-clockwise to richen the idle mixture. A very small amount of movement is all that's needed.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:11 AM
davidej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 7D Carby

Thanks Bax

Will try that next time I get to the field.

The weather here in the UK in very mild for the middle of winter (45-%) degrees F) but often too grey to want to go flying.

david