Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

GP Super Skybolt Fuel Tank

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GP Super Skybolt Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:53 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Super Skybolt Fuel Tank

I am putting together a GP Super Skybolt. The motor is going to be a Magnum 120 Four Stroke. What tank do you recommend in this plane? I have a 14 oz currently, and have a couple of 16's in the shop. Secondly, will the 120 drink through medium fuel line ok, or should I get some large line??
Old 02-18-2005, 10:20 PM
ecmiller

Default RE: GP Super Skybolt Fuel Tank

I have Tower .75 two stroke in mine with a Dubro 12 oz tank and it carries more fuel that I have patience to fly. This plane is a handful so you need to be on your toes especially if you decide to build it with all four ailerons.

The medium fuel line you mention should work fine for the 120. Be prepared to add about a pound of weight to the nose to get it to balance. I have mine slightly nose heavy dry. Also I would recommend using heavier landing gear as the supplied gear tends to bend easily.

If I can help you let me know.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:52 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

OK.... I have to set a couple of things straight. I have all 4 ailerons on my Skybolt and it's not a handful to fly, it flies as smooth as my pattern plane. This plane flies on rails. This plane can fly very fast and slow, it just takes a little time to bleed off spped. I have the Saito 120 in mine and it's a bit lighter than the Magnum. It balanced so well without any weight that I had to install the battery right on the CG. I have a 14oz tank in mine and it gives me plenty of flight, then again with the 120 I spend most of my flight at half throttle. One thing I would do different is go with a beefier landing gear, the stock gear has alot of flex. This spring I plan on going to a 3 blade prop to give me better prop clearance.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:28 PM
mnrcaerobat

Does anyone know where to get a better landing gear. I assume that you are talking heavier than dubros gear?? Would a CF gear be the way to go??
Old 02-19-2005, 08:55 AM
rc-sport

Call TNT, they can set you up.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:46 AM
mnrcaerobat

I have mounted a 16 oz tank into this plane. Should I put the 14 back in?? I like the 16 because it is a GP tank, and has the extra fill outlet built into it. The 14 I have is a Dubro, and I will have to get a piece of copper to set it up for the third fuel line.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:07 PM
rc-sport

If the 16 fits then leave it, no reason to go smaller.