Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Air Pressure

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Air Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Air Pressure

How much air pressure do you use for Robart retracts? Also, if I add 20 to 30 lbs one day should there be pressure in the system the next? (worring about leaks)

thanks again,

Sheldon
Old 09-24-2002, 05:58 PM
flailing
My Feedback: (1)

80-90 psi. Air pressure should hold at least for a couple of days.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:59 PM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

I've never had a system that didn't leak, at least some.

The answer to your question is no, probably not.

I have a Ziroli P40 that has the large capacity tank in it and it leaks at an approximate rate of 30lbs to 40 lbs in the first hour.

When the pressure is lower, at or around 40lbs it takes a few hours to dissipate, but never holds for entire overnight duration.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:33 PM
Vince

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Bert Baker P47 with Robart gear, including a large Robart tank. I usually air it up to 100-110psi. After four or five days it still has enough pressure for several cycles. Leaks should not be 30 to 40psi an hour, that should be easy to find with a bottle of leak check.

Vince
Old 09-25-2002, 10:18 AM
flailing

I have several retract equipped planes and they will all cycle after 2 days from an initial 90psi. I had to set the travel of the valve carefully to minimize leaks.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

So what am I doing wrong? I have a Ziroli Corsair, a Ziroli P40, an American Eagle Dc3, a Vailly FW 190, and not a single one will hold air for hours, let alone days.....

Just my experience.........
Old 09-25-2002, 12:07 PM
flailing

The two biggest areas I have found for leaks other than the tube connections are the o-rings, keep them lubed with vasoline once a season, and the retract valve, make sure it moves only enough to cycle the gear, also check that the filler valve closes all the way.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:16 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use 100 PSI. most of my planes will hold air in the retract or brake systems for days... but one holds it only for half an hour. Either is fine, since the duration is well over the amount of time that the aircraft stays in the air.

I also use the CJM mini digital air gauges ... the readout lets me know when air pressure is dropping.

BTW, do remember to test the duration that your system holds air, with the gear in both the up and down position.

Gordon
Old 09-25-2002, 12:18 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with the no leak theory. My tanks will hold air for months. Mix up a solution of dish soap and water, and apply a little to all air joints with a Q tip and look for mini bubbles to arise. As stated befor, lube up all your O rings. Check the o rings on your controler as well, as they can and will leak. Good Luck, Dave.