Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pitts S-2A .10 Need more info on this plane? Pics

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pitts S-2A .10 Need more info on this plane? Pics

Old 04-15-2005, 11:12 PM
kctrading
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitts S-2A .10 Need more info on this plane? Pics

Pitts S-2A .10 4 Channel

I picked this up today and may sell it on ebay...anyone have more info on this plane? Brand? When made? What I can expect to get for it? I could not fine any info on the internet.

Wing span is 32" and weigh approx 22oz without servos or engine...never flown. Made of basa and covered in silk, metal supports with two plastic supports one at each end, also plastic engine crowl.

Thanks for any help!

Ken
Old 04-17-2005, 01:02 AM
kctrading

Default RE: Pitts S-2A .10 Need more info on this plane? Pics

Anyone?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:54 AM
CafeenMan

I don't know what it is but it's too big and heavy for a .10. By the time the engine and radio are in it, the plane will weigh over 2 lbs.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:31 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is an old Pilot S2a Pitts. I have one hanging in the garage. It flys well on a .15. I have around 20 flites on it over the last 12 years. I will be romoving the old servos and putting new ones in to get the weight down a little bit. It can be real rough on th eground. It has a habit of spinning when you input rudder to correct for rift. I get it rolling and then slam the gas and pull up. It is air born in 10-15 feet. Mine has no bad habits, it is fun to fly.

Dru.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:54 PM
kctrading

ORIGINAL: blvdbuzzard

It is an old Pilot S2a Pitts. I have one hanging in the garage. It flys well on a .15. I have around 20 flites on it over the last 12 years. I will be romoving the old servos and putting new ones in to get the weight down a little bit. It can be real rough on th eground. It has a habit of spinning when you input rudder to correct for rift. I get it rolling and then slam the gas and pull up. It is air born in 10-15 feet. Mine has no bad habits, it is fun to fly.

Dru.

Thanks Dru...I was able to find more info on the internet knowing it is a Pilot brand...here is a link that list a price guide on kits and RTF models:

http://members.aol.com/skylane42a/price.html

Ken