Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Extra vs Edge,,, the why and what's ????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Extra vs Edge,,, the why and what's ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:27 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Extra vs Edge,,, the why and what's ????

although I'm looking for a 60 size for my son, I would like to know why would I want an Extra over a Edge, or a Edge over an Extra ????

Jim
Old 04-18-2005, 12:51 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Extra vs Edge,,, the why and what's ????

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Different kits fly different of the same design too. Those two are close enough, you probably won't notice a huge diff. I know that my G-202 from midwest was a total POS compared to my friends goldberg extra. My Edge has a lot more wing and lighter wing loading than the 202 so it will be so much better in the air. The better flyer has a lot to do with how it is built and which kit it is.

The 202 really soured me on midest kits. Have had very few other kits that built that good and flew that bad.

Which kit are you looking at?
Old 04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: the Wasp

although I'm looking for a 60 size for my son, I would like to know why would I want an Extra over a Edge, or a Edge over an Extra ????

Jim
The Extra's prettier. (Opinions may differ.)

The Edge flies so neutral, it's boring. (Again, opinions may differ.)

Vector Flight offers a .60 size Extra, a .90 size Extra, and a .90 size Edge, but no .60 size Edge. If you want Vector Flight (and there are good reasons to want one) and you insist on .60 size, the choice would be the Extra.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the full size aircraft, the Edge is said to have a 12 mph slower stall speed than the Extra. Whether that is because of the airfoil, or the straight leading edge is debatable. In any case, I doubt that it makes a difference on a model which is smaller... but it might.