Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

K & S Coil Bender?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

K & S Coil Bender?

Old 04-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K & S Coil Bender?

How well does the K & S coil bender work? I have the Mighty Bender and bending 1/8" wire starts to nudge my vice and bench away from the wall. I need to do a 1/8" nosewheel strut not available commercially.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Jimmbbo

Default RE: K & S Coil Bender?

Have used it for bending aluminum and brass tubing - works well... dunno about bending solid steel wire, tho.... [sm=confused.gif]

When bending tubing, I think the displaced material on the inside radius of the bend has someplace to go (the ID of the tube), but with a solid wire, that material can't go anywhere, so you end up trying to compress the metal, which takes mucho pressure...

Cheers!

Jim
Old 04-24-2005, 02:48 AM
MAJSteve
My Feedback: (-1)

I've used mine for 5/32 and 1/8 wire. 1/8 is a breeze BUT that first coil will drive you nuts. It wants to be open due to having the stationary post interferring with the moving guide. Once you learn that you have to put some vertical pressure on it, it makes a good coil.

I have both the wire bender and the coil bender. In some cases, I use one tool from one bender on the other.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:17 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used them for years and are worth the price.will be bending new legs for arf retracts to eliminate the bending of the soft wire.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Dsegal

Thanks to all for your replies.