Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

how to change futaba`s t6xas battery?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

how to change futaba`s t6xas battery?

Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 PM
RED DEVIL 300S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to change futaba`s t6xas battery?

hi guys!
i was wondering about how to change the battery from my trnasmitter.
the other day i opened it trying to find a conector or somthing, but i only found that the battery cable is fixed to the transmitter.
i really want to have two batteries for my tx so i can charge one while im flying with the other one.
what can i do?
should i just cut the wire and solder a conector? will this damage the tx or battery?
thanks very much
sorry about my english
Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: how to change futaba`s t6xas battery?

Not sure but it sounds like it's plugged into the board where you can see. Cutting the wires and solder a connector in would work.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
redfox435cat

It's just a futaba J connector like your reciever battery. At least my 6XA is. Just pulls out. Kins of a pain to get it back in becuase it's so far inside of it. How much do you fly a day? I get a good 3.5 hours out of mine. That usually spread over 6 hours on an active weekend. I then have a quick charger if it come to that point. It also isn't a good idea to always leave them charged. You do need to get the battery pretty low once in awhile to keep it cycled. let ti get down to 9.6 volts. The low alarm goes off around 9.4
Old 05-20-2005, 06:46 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery wire is not fixed to the transmitter, it is clipped into small holders that route it around inside. The wire can be removed and the connector unplugged. It is kind of a pain in the butt though.

It might be easier in the long run to cut the wire and solder on a new connector inside the battery compartment.

Or get a peak charger for the field. Throw it on after every few flights and you won't need to carry a spare pack.
Dennis-
Old 05-20-2005, 08:49 PM
JC

Red Devil,

I have a 6xas also. What I did was to splice a J connector, male and female, in between the battery and the board. It makes life much easier if you need to cycle or replace the battery.

JC