Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Wing Skin Truing Tool

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wing Skin Truing Tool

Old 10-04-2002, 04:28 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Skin Truing Tool

There is a company called Just R/C Planes that was located in Quincy, KY, that made a really nice Wing Skin Truing tool/table, and a supersized Miter cutting tool. Really nice stuff, I should have bought it when I saw it (ah, hindsite).
They were at Toledo this past year, DA Big One here in Chicago.

Anyhow, I have a phone number for them, a website, an 800 number and an email address and none of it works.

I am starting my first GS kit project for the winter in a few weeks, and I need to make a bunch of huge wingskins.

So, I am requesting any current info on this company or this gentleman (he was at the shows with his wife)so I can purchase both tools.

If anyone has any contact info other than what I have listed, or if you purchased something from this guy, and know his first and last name so I can contact directory assistance in Quincy and try to call this person directly, I would be really greatful.

The info I have (that no longer works) is

Just R/C Planes
www.justrcplanes.com
606-757-3557
877-216-2226
[email protected]

HELP!!

Thanks

joeeagle
Old 10-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might get more responses if you quit multiple posting in different forums.

Vince
Old 10-05-2002, 01:56 PM
JoeEagle

hi vince.

sorry to have irritated you. i posted in multiple forums because i wasnt sure which forum would have the most number of scratch or kit builders that had seen this product and had first hand experience.

would you suggest in the future that i post to one forum, wait a certain amount of time, then post to another forum and wait a certain amount of time? then post to another forum, wait a certain amount of time??

i didn't meen to be irritating, but to post and wait to 5 or 6 forums seemed to be to be a very slow way of going about it.

but your point is noted, and in the future i'll just post and wait.

cheers

joe
Old 10-07-2002, 12:48 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't irritate me, it's a common accepted practice not to multiple post.

Vince
Old 02-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

this is a violation of our rules as posted. See 'SPAM' rule. I have removed all of your other posts similar to this one. Please do not post in multiple forums. If you have information pertinent enough to be posted in every forum, you should take that information to rcadmin and he can decide.
Thanx,
Gastronom

Originally posted by JoeEagle
hi vince.

sorry to have irritated you. i posted in multiple forums because i wasnt sure which forum would have the most number of scratch or kit builders that had seen this product and had first hand experience.

would you suggest in the future that i post to one forum, wait a certain amount of time, then post to another forum and wait a certain amount of time? then post to another forum, wait a certain amount of time??

i didn't meen to be irritating, but to post and wait to 5 or 6 forums seemed to be to be a very slow way of going about it.

but your point is noted, and in the future i'll just post and wait.

cheers

joe
Old 02-05-2003, 05:02 PM
RON-10

His name is Rolf Spriggs. I wonder what has happened to him also.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 PM
JoeEagle

he normally is at our Big swap shop meet in the suburbs of chicago. he was not here this year... to bad, i would have liked to purchase one of his machines...know anyone who would like to sell one?

thanks

joe
Old 02-05-2003, 05:39 PM
KevinSheen

He's come to ours for the past 2 years as well, didn't come this year.

I wanted one as well and a new 'bar' for my miter sander / cutter.

Kevin
Old 02-05-2003, 09:31 PM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

I made my own for less than $5 at Home Depot and stuff I had laying arround my shop. What I did was:

a) Put 150 grit on one side of my 4' level(the straight one).
b) Picked out the best 1*3 firring strip from Home Depot
c) Cut the 1*3 into a 4' and 3' piece
d) Glued/screwed(countersunk wood screws) 3' piece onto centerline of 4' piece. It will look like a giant wooden t-bar sander... Rounded off all sharp edges...especially the 3' handle part!
e) attached 4 - 4" pieces of 100 grit paper to ends and middle on bottom or 4' bar
f) clamped sandpapered level to front edge of workbench
g) taped a piece of 1/8" by 3" by 48" balsa just in front of sandpaper side of level(serves as a bearing that will not marr the finish balsa when truing edges)
h) place balsa to be trued in front of level... if the edge is way off from straight, trim with an exacto and straightedge. If it is close I just start sanding the edge by placing the t-bar on top of balsa and working it back and forth across the level until the edge is perfect for gluing wing sheets together... this only takes a few moments per side of sheeting.

Total time to make - less than 30 minutes
total time to perfectly prepare sheet edges for a wing - about 5 - 10 minutes minutes per wing depending on size...

I can't imagine anything you can buy that will do the job easier or better. Best of luck!