Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

pica 1/12 kits

Old 01-02-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pica 1/12 kits

MITSUBISHI A6M ZERO this kit as well as the other pica 1/12

any thoughts on them?

thanks,
Old 01-02-2002, 09:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default pica 1/12 kits

I recently built the 1/12 scale corsair. For a laser cut kit I was less than impressed with the fit of a lot of the parts. Take your time and check the fit before gluing. You may also want to lightly sand the edges of the laser cut parts. I don't believe that the glue sticks well to the slightly burns edges.

This plane flies as well as any of my other 1/12 scale planes. I've heard second and third hand that the zero may be one of their best flying 1/12 scale kits.

- Jon

http://www.bidinger.org/RC-Planes/8_Pica_Corsair/
Old 01-18-2002, 03:49 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default pica 1/12 kits

Built their 1/12 P-51 and the part fit was excellent - especially the unique wing construction part. Flew great too!

Jerry
Old 01-18-2002, 04:54 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default pica 1/12 kits

For sport flying the Pica line of planes are first rate. I think the laser cutting is excellent and parts fit as well. Modern R/C Combat has moved on to the point were one of these kits stock will most likely not survive its first midair collision. Try www.rccombat.com for info on how to battle harden your plane. The Zero is reported to be the best flyer of the bunch. I have a Corsair that weighs 2.5 lbs and it is a lot of fun to fly. I don't think you will be disappointed with the zero.
Sparky
Old 01-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Default Pica F-82 Twin Mustang

In the last year I have built two of these. It has pretty good directions and the parts are very accurate, but the plans left a few views that would assist with building this model, off. The Twin is a joy to start up and listen to purrr. Gotta use micro servos, but it is definately worth it.
If you get one of these, don't forget to take into consideration that the wing fits unfinished but you will have to re-shape after you glue on the back portion of the scoop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1213_1475.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1172